Sunday, August 28, 2022

Trixie At the V-E-T's: Caturday Art and Sunday Selfies

Hallo there, Effurrybody!


How are you all? It has been furry, furry hot. We are used to it, here in Israel, but even here, the Weather Lady has warned that the Heat Load for the next few days will be "extreme" - even though the temperature (in Jerusalem, at least) will be "only" about 36 degrees Celsius. We have been hearing amazing and horrible stories from Europe about excessive heat, followed by flooding - and then MORE excessive heat!

Our A/C still hasn't been fixed, but We are managing, somehow.

Last Wednesday, Mummy hauled Me off to the V-e-t because something was badly irritating my right eye. Fortunately, Dr. Einat said it was nothing too serious, and  gave Mummy some eyedrops for Me (UGH!) which have to be administered twice a day. I think today is the last day, but, knowing Mummy, She will purrobably carry on an extra day because I managed to evade her ministrations a couple of times.

More impawtantly, for All of Us, while We were there, I overheard Mummy taking counsel with the V-E-T about what to do with Intruder Kitty Callicallou. Dr. Einat says that Mummy shouldn't let a new kitty into the house with Us, without furrst having her tested for FIV, FeLV and FIP - which is exactly what Mummy was thinking. So they started talking about how things could be arranged, like a military oppurration. The biggest problem is, one doesn't always get the results on the same day, so Mummy would have to find somewhere to keep the Intruder Kitty Callicallou, between having the tests and getting the (hopefully negative) results. Mummy is still trying to work that one out. Fortunately (says Mummy), we've still got a couple of months (at least) before the weather turns cold and rainy.

But even if all turns out well for Callicallou - what about ME? Mummy thinks it will be nice for Me to have another Ladycat to hang out with, but supposing She prefurrs the company of those pesky Mancats, my brofurs, and they all gang up on Me?

Oh, well - I won't think about that today. Instead, I shall concentrate on being the Star of the Weekend Blog Hops - the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the Wise and Beautiful Athena and her HuMum, Marie, and the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the Deliciously Unpredictable Kitties Blue and their HuMom, Janet.


Here is My Selfie, in which I am guarding the stairway against My Brofurs, who were horsing around down below.















We artified this using LunaPic's Fantasy Art effect, at 60% and adding one of their simple, elegant frames:















Since both My Brofurs were so kind as to defurr to Me in honour of My Birthday, and Black Cat Appreciation Day, when it was their turn to repurresent the J-Cats in the Weekend Blog Hops, I shall now return the favour by including them this week. Here is an adorable picture of them attempting to put into practice what I have taught them about Feline Synchronisation Techniques. I fear that during the Pandemic and ensuing lockdowns, they became rather lazy and neglected their Training Sessions. I see I shall have to take them in paw once more!  















You can also see some of Our paw-celain dolly-sisters in the background - Dorothea, Laura and Lottie.


And here is an artified version of the same picture, using LunaPic's Storytime Art effect, with a Dark overlay at 30%:














We are in a bit of a hurry today, as Mummy has to lie down for a siesta before the furrst rehearsal this new season of her Caterwauling Club! So, without further ado, here are the Blog Hop badges:


        


And now, let's start blog hopping!


Be well. Be safe. We love you all.






15 comments:

kate said...

I'm glad that your eye problem wasn't serious and your mom is a very generous kind person to take on another kitty. Once you two get to know each other, you should be friends!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are so happy your Mom is thinking about giving the calico kitty a home. If you want her to be BFF with you and not your brothers why don't you make friends with her first. We are sure she will appreciate a welcoming paw. ~Scylla & Chimera (the calico girls)

meowmeowmans said...

Trixie, your selfie is beautiful, and your brothers do that synchronization thing purrfectly!

We are relieved that your eye problem is not too bad. Drops are no fun, but they will be done soon. We hope everything works out well with CalliCallou!

Lynn and Precious said...

Trixie, sorry about your tricky, mol, eye. I get what Lynn calls "blinky eye". We think it is because I get a fur or dust in my eye and I rub and rub until it is swolled shut. It happens a few times a year in either eye. No V-E-T fur me fur that, I have enough emotional problems in Oct. when I HAVE to be drug there. You all have lovely photos today and lots of mews fur us. We are currently having the best weather in months. Precious

Catscue said...

Beautiful selfies! I'm sorry about your eye sweetie, but it sounds like your Mom is taking real good care of you as well as being smart about the intruder kitty. Keep us posted!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I hope your eye is soon better. Those are lovely selfies and art..
I hope Callicallou gets a clean bill of health and is able to join your family.

catladymac said...

We hope your eye is soon better ! And that CallieCallou's tests are negative. (We didn't know there was a test for FIP unless the kitty was already sick.) Hope the weather eases up too.

CCL Wendy said...

Yes, I hope too that your eye problems are behind you (where you can't see them, tee hee!). Just joking. I wish you the best of health in every part of you.

I hope everything works out in the long run for Callicallou. It looks like you really need another female to balance out the feline household.

I love your Selfie and artified version. The cool blues and greens may help you keep from getting too hot these days. And the arrangement you arranged for your brothers is very sweet. I'll bet you like to see them like that than being pesky when they are awake. Again, another very artful endeavour for the mancats.

pilch92 said...

You are all cuties. I am so glad your mum is going to try to adopt the intruder. I am sure you girls will be besties. Beautiful art. XO

Katie Isabella said...

IT was a joy t read this. I have been missing and I so wish I wasn;t. Trixie...I am hoping your Ladycat can come in and bond with you...well...your brofurs too. Love each one of you...your mommy too.

M Dawson said...

Winter here and we can't wait for some nice sunshine! We love your stretched out pose too!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Wonderful selfie and we're sure glad it was nothing serious with your eye. We hope all works out with you and your newbie girl.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love the photos and art! Hope that sweet kitty is able to join your family safely.

The Island Cats said...

Trixie, I’m sorry you had to go to the vet but I hope your eye is better soon. And it’s kinda nice that your mom wants to give Callicallou a home. I hope it all works out. ~Ernie

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

We hope your eye will soon be A-OK, Trixie!

A nice selfie too, and the art is purrfection!
We hope that one day we shall get a report saying that Callicallou is now a new member of your clowder!