Sunday, April 23, 2023

Getting Ready For Independence Day: Caturday Art and Sunday Selfies With Shimshi

Hallo again, Effurrybuddies!

It is I, The Mighty Shimshon (Shimshi for short) aka The Little Purrince, Furrst of My Name, the Baby Mancat, Master of the Queen's Mischiefs and Captain of the Guard. It is my turn to lead my fellow J-Cats on this weekend's blog hops - the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the Divinely Wise and Beautiful Athena and her HuMum, Marie and the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the Adorable and Predictably Unpredictable Kitties Blue and their HuMom, Janet.












I am afraid I was caught napping here, before I had time to pose propurrly. Looks like I had been overdoing it a bit with the catnip, doesn't it (mol)?  Still, Mummy likes this one, because it shows up my pink toe-beans and my little pink nose so nicely. 

We had lots of fun with this one, over at LunaPic. Mummy and each of My Fursibs chose a filter, and so did I. See if you can guess who chose which one!


Furrst up, here is Flash Gordon, at 72%:












Next, here is Monster, at 78%:













And now for Chalk at 74%:












This one uses the Daisies filter, at 73%:












And finally, one befitting my nip-befuddled state - Psychedelic (100%, through and through):












Who chose that last one, I wonder ...


All five of these masterpieces will be going on tour and will be coming soon to a Gallery near you.














And here are the blog hop badges, before We forget:


        



Now, last and most definitely not least - this coming Wednesday, April 26th, We shall be celebrating Israel's 75th birthday, with a most gloriously spiffing barbecue up in the Enchanted Forest, overlooking the Old City of Jerusalem. We shall be looking forward to seeing you all there, starting at 2pm Israel Time (that's GMT +2 hours) and lasting till nobody can eat, drink or dance anymore. If anyone would like to volunteer to arrive half an hour or so early, to help set up the Bar and Bar-B-Q, they will be most welcome.
The coordinates have already been sent to your transportation devices - and if there's anyone new out there, who has neffur been to one of Our Pawties, please let Us know so We can explain how to navigate.

Happy Independence Day, Effurryone.

Be well. Be safe. We love you all.










13 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Dearest handsome Shimshi, Happy 75 years to Israel. It has not been easy years, we know. I see you had one eye on your mum fur the photo. I too, have been wacked out on nippy occasionally and I think you got it down just purrfect. Precious

meowmeowmans said...

Shimshi, there's certainly nothing wrong with taking a nap. And we must say you look handsome doing so. :)

Happy Yom Ha'atzmaut! XO

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a handsome sleepy selfie. The psychedelic is my favourite. Happy 75th birthday to Israel.

pilch92 said...

Happy Independence Day to Israel! That is an adorable selfie. I like all the art, but Monster and Chalk are my favorites. XO

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Amazing art and we love your sleeping pose!

Happy 75th Birthday to Isreal.

Kea said...

I can't decide between "chalk" and "psychedelic!"

A very happy Independence Day! Your party will be amazing!

Tell your mom that in the first cartoon on my Friday Funnies, the cat at the drive-through coffee shop needs to pull up quickly before the cat dispensing the order knocks the cup off, as kitties so like to do. :-)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable photo and art! Enjoy that BBQ!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I love your selfie and your art is fabulous. I hope the celebration for Israel is safe and festive!

The Island Cats said...

Shimshi, that’s an adorable pic of you! Happy Independence Day to Israel!

M Dawson said...

I think the selfie made me smile but I was impressed by your filters. Very artistic!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

We are loving today's art Shimshi, it's absolutely epic! Happy Monday to mew all, we hope mew have a truly epic week!

CCL Wendy said...

Shimshi, the PURRMEWtations of your good self are as beautiful as they are plentiful. I quite liked the chalk rendering, but au nautrel is always the best.

HAPPY 75th BIRTHDAY TO ISRAEL! May you all bless this Earth in PURRpetuity.

Adorapurr said...

Dear Shimshi, yoo can never do too much catnip. Gosh, yoo truly are a beautiful kitteh. And Happy Independence Day to Israel. Love, Dori