Sunday, January 7, 2024

Caspurr's Bedroom Eyes: Caturday Art and Sunday Selfies

Hallo again, Effurryone!


Here We are, with the furrst post of the Mew Year - and this week, I, Sir Caspurr the Courageous, the Caspicatious, Furrst of My Name, the Snuggle Bug, Commander-in-Chief of the Impurrial Forces and King of the Tigger-Tabbies, will be leading My Fellow J-Cats on the weekend blog hops - the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the Wise and Beautiful Athena and her HuMum, Marie and the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the Delightful and Predictably Unpredictable Kitties Blue and their HuMom, Janet.

I have not one, but THREE (four?) selfies for you to choose from, all of which Mummy helped Me artify with some of LunaPic's mewtiful filters.

Furrst up, here I am (or purr-haps I should say "Here WE are", because there are two of Me) in front of the mirror:

























The artsy-fartsy version uses the Paper-Folding filter at 85%, with the merest hint of a Nouveau overlay at 15%:


























It's been quite a while since We used the Paper-Folding effect and We are rather pleased to have rediscovered it.


This next picture shows Me helping Mummy to make the bed.  Well, I really have to help her, if I want it done propurrly, the way I like:
















This one was artified using the Woodsey effect at 70%, topped with an overlay of Sadness at 50%:














At last, after the bed was finally made to My Satisfaction, all that was left to do was to carry out some Quality Control and get in, under the duvet:














Mummy said She simply had to show this third shot, because I have such wonderful, flirty Bedroom Eyes. What do you Ladycats think?


We played around with the light levels and then used the Edtaonisi filter at 40% to create the artification for this one:














Tell Us which is Your Favourite in the Comments section below.


It was a fairly hectic weekend for Us, here in Israel. Not so much so in Jerusalem, where We live, but up in the North, there were lots and lots of rocket attacks and even incursions by drone aircraft. It's furry worrying, because it means Israel is having to fight on two fronts. It's lucky Mummy has her Caterwauling Club to help take her mind off it for a few hours effurry week.


Speaking of the Caterwauling Club, We forgot to mention in either of Our previous two posts that Mummy wrote in her own bloggie about the concert they appeared in at Kibbutz Sde Boker last month. If you follow the link, you can read it and see a video-clip that Mummy made of one of the songs.


Now, before We forget, here are the blog hop badges:


        



See you all again next week. Till then, be well. Be safe. We love you all.





23 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Dear Sir Caspurr, I really like the furst photo as I get to see both sides of your handsome body. And you do look a bit like a movie star with those eyes! We have some snow today here, and I'm in the top of the clothes closet to avoid seeing it. Precious

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Wow, I can't choose between those selfies and artwork.
Paws crossed, there will be peace soon, though we fear the cost will still be high on both sides.
Stay safe and well and keep up the singing!
ERin

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

They are all lovely, but the last is my favourite.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest J–cats,
LOVE above all that final photo where Sir Caspurr is below the duvet after all the hard work on making the bed!
The original photos are by far the best.
Hugs,
Mariette + kitties

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Those are all great effects but the last one is our fave.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Your selfie is wonderful Sir Caspurr and the art is so lovely! Please stay safe over there, we're constantly sending purrs and prayers your way.

Leah said...

Very cute selfies and nicely done art effects! I thought I had signed up for your notifications, but somehow have not been getting them. I'll try to check into this.

Linda said...

The filters are wonderful, and I think the pose with the duvet is fantastic! Stay safe.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...a most happee mew yeer two each N evere one oh ewe N mummy az well ♥♥♥ we hope each N everee day bringz sum thin grate yur way !!! we like all yur fotoz and we bee thinkin art peace three iz a fave, tho they all be good ! we N joyed de mewsic yur mummy shared ♥♥♥ heerz two a grate week a head !!

Kea said...

All your selfies and art are wonderful, but my favourite definitely is the third! You are absolutely irresistible peeking out like that.

Be well and stay safe. ❤️

Gidget Blue Sky said...

caspurr, yoo iz so berry hansum

pilch92 said...

I love all your selfies. You are a handsome boy. All the effects are beautiful. Woodsey is my favorite. I am sorry the war continues. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

LOVE these selfies and works of art!

messymimi said...

You are good looking from every angle, and I'm sure the lady cats agree. These are wonderful selfies and art.

I am praying for the peace of Jerusalem.

meowmeowmans said...

All your selfies look amazing, Caspurr! We love the reflective one with the mirror. We are purring and praying as always for you and everyone there. I (meowmeowans) have many friends in Haifa and the surrounding areas, so the attacks in the north are very worrisome.

The Island Cats said...

Those are all great selfies, Caspurr. But that last one is my favorite. ~Ernie

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Oh Caspurr, that's great artwork. We especially love the one with the sadness filter🎨 Double Pawkisses for a Peaceful Week ahead for all of you🐾😽💞

Katie Isabella said...

Caspurr, about those bedroom eyes...I will tell you freely that I have an unstoppable urge to get in my tunnel and before I do..let's meet in the Enchanted Forest! I have your coordinates. And the Enchanted Forests as well. See you in a few seconds.

Katie Isabella said...

Oh and my favorite picture is the first one. Two is smecksier than one!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

I really do like the last one, Caspurr!

The real and the artsy ones, both!

I sure wish this war could soon end, its getting so scary there. for all of you.

CCL Wendy said...

Caspurr, you look like a little kitten in most of these pictures. And Mom's artifying has turned them into works of art! That's really cool about your Mom composing a song, and then the whole Caterwauling Club sang it. Your Mom is obviously very talented.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We like the regular mirror pic. We are not very artsy.

We have a pic where Iza discovered her image in a mirror, but we can't post it here. And there is a comic strip called 'Pickles" where the dog finally sees his image in a mirror. And thinks "that is one ugly dog". LOL!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Beautiful art. We like the last one best.