Sunday, July 2, 2023

Shimshi's Caturday Art and Sunday Selfies

Hallo again, Effurrybuddies!

Once more, it falls to Me to lead My Fellow J-Cats on the weekend blog hops - the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the Divinely Wise and Beautiful Athena and her HuMum, Marie, and the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the Deliciously and Predictably Unpredictable Kitties Blue and their HuMom, Janet.


I could not choose between these two selfies, so you must tell Me which you prefurr.

Furrst up, here I am chilling out in front of the Tee Vee with Mummy. That is to say - Mummy was watching Tee Vee - and I was keeping an eye (just one - MOL) on Mummy!















Now, you see the box on the kitchen floor in the background?


And you remember the old adage - If it fits, I sits - don't you?













We prepurred three different artifications for each of these selfies, all using filters from LunaPic.  

Let's start with Me chilling out with Mummy in front of the TV:




The furrst one uses the Connections filter at 60%, with a fairly heavy overlay of Sadness at 40%. We don't often use Sadness because it's - well, Sad, you know. But in this case, I was sad. Why, I hear you asking. Well, because Mummy is being too strict about My Diet! She says if I don't lose weight, I won't stand a chance in the World Pole-Dancing Championships later this year! So not only has She cut My Rations, but She won't let Me scoff what Trixie leaves over.

(I don't "leave over" anything. I like to take My Time over MY Meals, and to be able to take a break and then come back to them without greedy mancats stealing them while I'm not looking! - Trixie)

Next, We used another one of Mummy's favourite combinations - the Surreal Painting effect with an overlay of Tuscany at 75%:













And last, but not least, We tried a combination of Waves at 55% washed over (most suitably, as We don't want another repeat of the Titanic disaster) with Floating, at 35%:













Do you have a favourite among these three?


We also artified My Boxy Picture - furrst of all with Frida (one of Our Favourites) at 85%:













Our next version used Van Gogh at 65%:













For Our Final Artification of the day, We used Sketch3 (a black and white filter) but only at 40%, thus leaving just a hint of colour:













Now, since Mummy is appearing in a concert this evening with her Caterwauling Club, in which She has a So-Low, We will finish up now and let her get some rest. Well, lots of rest, because last night, she only managed to get about 3 or 4 hours sleep. She just couldn't drop off (and no, it wasn't Our Fault!!!).

She has another concert tomorrow evening too, and since only She has the Computer Passwords (and the Opposing Thumbs which are so necessary for typing), We might not be able to visit as many of you this week as We usually do - but, of course, We'll do Our Best.

Meanwhile, here are the blog hop badges:


     



That's all for now then, Dear Furriends. See you next week!


Be well. Be safe. We love you all.







26 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

All of the art is lovely. I often use Sadness if the colour is a bit harsh because it tones it down nicely. I do wish they would change the name of it though. I think my favourite of all of them is the last one, but it was hard to choose.

Lynn and Precious said...

Dear Shimshi, how wonderful that your mum is going So-Low. We know she sings Like An Angel. And poor Trixie who is an angel Queen did not have to give up any of her treats. You be careful how much you snack on everything or you might not fit in that box anymore. And I only say this because I am a very pudgy girl and there's a lot of boxes I don't fit in anymore . Precious

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Definitely the first of the three on the seat is the one for us. On balance I think the first of the box selfies is the one we would go for. But it was a close call with the third.
Hopefully the staff has a great so low session, and maybe brings back some of the post concert food for you hard working felines.
Purrs
ERin

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Those are all lovely so it's hard to choose!

Katie Isabella said...

I love the one on the chair, Shimshi. I love the box too, but the one of you on the chair is my favorite. I love the sketch of you in the box next! XXX

Zoolatry said...

Hi Shimshi ~ we have to admit we love seeing you all curled up ever so sweetly on your
little chair pad ... even tho boxed-up-kitties are cute of course. All of your mommy's art is well done, as always, we can never choose a favorite among those.
Wishing you (and yours) a happy week until we meet again. Purrs, JUNE

Gidget Blue Sky said...

we purrfurr dee furst wun of yoo in all your furry glory!!1

meowmeowmans said...

Those are both wonderful selfies, Shimshi, so we understand why you could not choose between them. :)

Your art turned out marvelously, too!

Sending all good thoughts and purrs for Mum's solo and performance with the Caterwauling Club . We know she will do great. XO

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Shimshi, we love both photos, but the one of you sleeping is super cute.

CCL Wendy said...

I'm very happy to see you, Shimshi! And not just once, but lotsa times. I think I like the third artified one for the first picture. With all those waves washing over you, I feel like you're waving to me. And as for the box picture, I love the second one with the teal tones. One of my favourite colours. But you look good in any colour, Shimshi -- and you also have a coat of many colours, which looks totally different underneath compared with your top colours. You are a kitty of contrasts --most interesting.

Good Luck to your Mom on her Caterwauling So-Low. Does this mean she's a Contralto?

Marvelous Marv said...

Shimshi! Fabulisious poses and even more fabulishious art! You are spectacular! Keep being awesome! Purrs Marvelous Marv

Kea said...

Shimshi, I love all your selfies and art, so it's a hard choice. Of your first, I can't choose, I like them all equally. Of the ones with you in the box, I actually like the last one the best.

Good luck to your mom on her solo, I can imagine she has an amazing voice!

Take care, all of you, and have a lovely week.

The Florida Furkids said...

All of your artwork is great. ConCats to your Mom on her So-Low!

The J-Cats said...

No, She's a soprano. They should really have called it a So-High (mol).

M Dawson said...

I like the grey shades, they look exceptionally fine. Sometimes it isn't the most colourful that makes the best impact is it?

PS Another person has discovered that if they don't use the Linky tools app they can post. it must be a clash between Linky and maybe our Security. Interesting.....

BellaDharma an BellaSita Mum said...

Deer Shimshi wee love numburr #3 of both Selfiess!
Yore so fotogenick.....
Wee hope all iss guud at THE Palace with all of youss'....
***nose rubss*** BellaDharma an (((hugss))) BellaSita Mum

Brian's Home Blog said...

I like that chillaxing selfie, it's wonderful and all of your art is just purrfect. It sure sounds like your Mum is having a great time singing da songs!

pilch92 said...

I think both shots of you are adorable, and I love your art. Xo

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Both are adorable! That box is the purrfect fit :)

The Island Cats said...

It’s hard to choose a favorite, Shimshi. Both are fabulous!

Gattina said...

I very much like the last photo ! But they all look nice ! I love to do this since I gave up my cat paintings, at least I remain clean and the room too !

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

First of all we hope the caterwauling concerts went well, and that the applause was long lasting and loud!

Shimshi, we have to say you snoopervise your Mommy very well, but we like the in-the-box selfie the best.

And the second art of that picture we prefer as well. But we think they actually are all wonderful!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We always like to see a cat in a box. It just seems so comfy.

Katie Isabella said...

Mommy and I love the box with sketch!