Sunday, February 26, 2023

A Couple of Twofurs for Caturday Art and Sunday Selfies

Hallo there, Effurrybody!

As you may have noticed, We J-Cats take it strictly in turn to lead Our Furmily on the weekend blog hops - the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the Divinely Wise and Beautiful Athena and her HuMum, Marie,  and the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by Our Dear Furriends, the Predictably Unpredictable Kitties Blue and their HuMom, Janet. This week, it is MY turn - Queen Trixie, Furrst of My Name, Empurress of Jerusalem, Israel and the Entire Middle East, Queen of Hearts, Guardian of the Boudoir, Alpha Kitty Extraordinaire. Since, this time, We are actually posting a couple of Twofurs, I am in both of them - one with each of My Brofurs.


Here is the furrst one - My Impurrial Self with My Brofur, Caspurr the Caspicatious:













And here is the artified version, using LunaPic's Tuscany art effect, with an overlay of the Dark effect at 50%.















I really like this picture, because it makes Me look bigger, while Caspurr looks smaller. In real life, it's completely the other way around - and no wonder, when Caspurr and Shimshi steal My Food whenever they get an Oppurr-tunity!!!


Speaking of Shimshi - here is a Twofur of him and My Royal Self:












If I remember rightly, he had just woken up (as had I, I believe) and Shimshi was telling Me about a New Mischief he had dreamt about (in his capacity as Master of the Queen's Mischiefs), and was requesting My Royal Assent to put it into purractice, which, naturally, I graciously granted.

We made an artsy-fartsy version of this one, using Lunapic's Harsh Lighting filter at 95%, with an overlay of Barcelona (which I don't think we've used before) at 30%.














Spring seems to be right on the thresh-hold here, with lovely, sunny weather and tempurratures expected to rise to the mid-20s Celsius in the next couple of days - which is very good, as Mummy has one of her Biblical archaeology field trips up north later in the week.

Speaking of Mummy, She had one of her opthalmic migraines this morning. It didn't last more than about 15 - 20 minutes, but now, She has developed an ordinary headache, so She needs to lie down and have a good, long nap to make it go away, otherwise, She won't be up to attending Caterwauling Purractice this evening. So without further ado, here are the blog hop badges:


        


That's it for now then, Dear Furriends. See you next week.

Be well. Be safe. We love you all.



19 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those ophthalmic migraines are horrible. I am glad your mummy's didn't last too long.
Both of your art is lovely.

Lynn and Precious said...

Queen Trixie, I love your head on your royal pillow in the pic with dear and handsome Sir Caspurr. Your floof far exceeds the man cats coats. However, I think Shimshi looked a bit perturbed fur being woke fur the camera. Give your mum a purr and rub on the noggin' to make her head feel good enough to caterwaul later. Precious PS not warm enough here so I should teleport to you.

meowmeowmans said...

We loved seeing you (and Caspurr and Shimshi, too), as always, Trixie. How nice that is starting to warm up there, but we are sad that your mummy had that migraine. We hope she continues to feel much better. XO

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

We love those pics and art!

Kea said...

Your selfies and art are purrfect as always.

I'm sorry your mummy had a migraine. I used to get them and sometimes would throw up with them, they'd be so bad, but in more recent years I've tended to get visual migraines without a headache. Anyway, I hope your mummy is fine now.

Please send some Spring weather our way. It's NOT warming up here, though we've had an up and down, weird winter for our part of the world.

Take care and be well.

Tommy and Teaghan said...

The Tuscany filter looks really good and it makes the sofa and the room looks soooooo comfy!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Such wonderful selfies, y'all do look fabulous. I hope those nasty migraines leave your Mama alone.

pilch92 said...

Great selfies. How nice of you to share the spotlight with your brothers. Very pretty art. I hope your mum feels better soon. XO

M Dawson said...

That Tuscany effect looks REALLY nice!!!! Well done looking so amazing :-)

The Island Cats said...

Great selfies with your brothers, Trixie! I purr that your mom feels better soon. ~Ernie

Cathy Keisha said...

Trixie, baby! Sorry I haven't been around to enjoy your royal art. TW is trying to take advantage when the weather is nice and getting out of the house. Very nice art!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I love how you're using that pillow just the way it's meant to be used! Mudpie does the same thing. Hope your mom feels better.

Loulou said...

Oh, you beautiful kitties, you great big beautiful kitties!!!!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Those migraines/headaches are awful, we read the other day that using a hot footbath helps, the P.A. gets nasty headaches and sometimes gets ocular migraines too, so she's going to try the footbath method next time.
Supurr selfies and art today guys, those arty effects are just epic!

Erin the Cat Princess said...

We could do with warm and sunny weather here. My, what a lovely selfie twosome times two, you three all make.
Thanks for the address, I shall have Mrs H post out your book asap, possibly sooner if the rain stops ;)
As to art, why the Tuscant one is our favourite.
Purrs
ERin

Gidget Blue Sky said...

yoo too look so cozy!!! hope dee mum ov yours feels better. my mum gitz occipital neuralgia headaches fur dayz sometimes.

Linda said...

Your pictures look great. Best wishes to your mum.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Katie Isabella said...

MY mommy gets those opthalmic migraines all the time. She has to keep the light lower on the computer screen as light brings them on, for her. And hers last about that long too. She will get the headache that goes with it most times.

All three of you are gorgeous...and I shall be proud and happy to be at the pawty.