Sunday, September 30, 2012

Only a Month to Go...

Greetings, Fellow Felines (and C-a-n-i-n-e-s and Humans too)!

Yes, there's only a month to go now before my Human begins her pre-retirement leave and can spend all her time with Moi! But I don't even have to wait that long, because now She's off work for the whole of Sukkot. That means, if you take into account that She was home Friday and Shabbat as well, that I get to enjoy her services She gets to enjoy my company all day, for eleven whole days. This evening, the whole Family (including my human uncle, who has come over from England for the holiday) will be eating at her Daddy's home, in the sukkah in the garden. At least - that's the plan, only the sky has gone a funny colour and there's a smell of rain in the air. 
Whatever happens, there is sure to be a substantial Kitty Bag. I hope her stepsister has made the Moroccan-style fish she does so well...

Now, I must show all you Kitties (and Woofies and Humans also) what a lovely sun-puddle I found the other day. 




In case you were wondering, my charming porcelain companion in this picture is called Dorothea. She has fourteen sisters. But it's not the same as having feline company. Mummy still hasn't made up her mind about getting a new little kitty to come and share our home. She says she'll think about it once she starts her pre-retirement leave. We haven't had a sign from Pixie - Mummy thought she would whisper in her ear  - so now she wants Me to help her decide.
I really don't know what to do, Kitties. I change my mind by the minute. What do you think?


5 comments:

CATachresis said...

Well Possum, speaking as someone who would like another kitty, you are pushing against an open door here!! Tell your mum you need a pal. Pixie wouldn’t mind at all :) xox

Terri said...

We think a laid back young adult cat would be wonderful. Little kitties are very busy and sometimes too much for older kitties.

GreatGranny said...

I bet you and Mommy will be glad when she retires. Sweet Pixie won't mind if you give another kitty a forever home as there are so many homeless kitties.
xoxo Kassey

Fuzzy Tales said...

We think your mom just needs to trust her gut, that if she's meant to adopt again, the right kitty will find her. :-)

It's a toss up as to whether YOU would want another kitty, though. LOL. If you prefer to be alpha cat, then let's hope a quiet and more submissive cat finds its way to your home, otherwise there will be issues. We speak from experience with our angel Annie and Nicki!

Katie Isabella said...

I think yourt mommy should definitely consider another kitty to join the family. You and she both could use the sweet company.

You look SO handsome there in your sunpuddle. <3