Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Waiting Game

Greetings, Fellow Felines (and C-A-N-I-N-E-S and Humans too)!

I am Very, Very Disappointed! My Human has managed to postpone her retirement by Four Whole Months! That's another Seventeen (17) weeks, during which I shall be left all on my own for most of the day, with no-one to pet me and play with me and serve up Tasty Little Snacks! I told her, over and over, Kitties, that I'm purr-fectly ready to lower my standard of living and not have Fancy Feasties every day of the week, truly I did! But She discovered that if she works for just another four months, she will be eligible for something called a Jubilee Grant, which means We will get lots more money. And she says four months isn't so very much. But Kitties, who knows if I'll still be around in four months? I feel purr-fectly healthy, but there's no denying I'm not as young as I used to be.(Mummy says, none of us are - MOL.)

Still, I must admit She has been doing her best to make it up to Me, with lots of tasty homemade food and all sorts of Pampering - and She has promised not to go away for a long trip overseas this year (though she did go off for three days to Eilat last month). I suppose I'll just have to make the best of it. At least she's taking the day off today - and she has promised to bake a cake...


Have a lovely week, everyone! I'll leave you with a picture Mummy took in Eilat. I wish I could have gone. It looks like the hotel she stayed in had a really great restaurant:




 

3 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Four months really isn't so long, and we think you'll appreciate the extra money coming in down the road. Maybe you'll get Fancy Feast twice a day!

CATachresis said...

Well it's good she discovered the benefits of working longer in time! Possum I am sure you will be stoic and see it through. Just think of the benefits at the end ;)

meowmeowmans said...

Hi Possum! It's so nice to hear from you, sweet friend!

We think four months isn't too long, and it will be really great if your mom can get a Jubilee Grant for the two of you.

That picture from Eilat sure is neat.

Hugs to you both!