Sunday, February 25, 2024

Spring Seems To Be In The Air: Caturday Art and Sunday Selfies With Shimshi

Hallo again, Effurrybuddies!

Well, I don't want to jinx things by saying Spring is here but - it is a mewtiful, sunny day (with just a few puffy little white clouds) and tomorrow, the weather prophets say, it will be warmer than average for this time of year. Which, if you come to think of it, is a Good Thing, because Mummy has another one of her Archaeology Field Trips tomorrow.  She wrote about her last trip in her own bloggie a few days ago and will pawsibly write about tomorrow's trip (to Masada) later this week. Or purr-haps She will write, instead, about her Caterwauling Club's concert last Tuesday - which was a Great Success, even though Mummy didn't have a So-Low this time.

Meanwhile, I, the Mighty Shimshon (Shimshi for short) aka The Little Purrince, sometimes known as The Baby Mancat, Master of the Queen's Mischiefs and Captain of the Guard, am here to lead My Fellow J-Cats on this weekend's blog hops - the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the Wise and Beautiful Athena and her HuMum, Marie, and the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the Delightful and Predictably Unpredictable Kitties Blue and their HuMom, Janet.

We have three different selfies for you to choose from this week, each of them artified with the help of LunaPic.

Furrst of all, here is one I really wish Mummy had deleted. It's so embarrassing!













I don't know why Humans have this - this - Thing about snapping Us while We are bathing!  I think She must be some kind of a Purr-vert!  She didn't even have the decency to place an X in a strategic pawsition! (No, I don't mean My sweet, little, pink tongue.) I suppose She thinks She can sell this shot to COSMEOWPAWLITAN magazine!

Well, at least the artified version, using Ceremony at 60%, overlaid with Beauty at 45%, is marginally better...















Next up is a beautifully placed shot, capturing the effect of sun and shade, as I took advantage of the late afternoon sunlight falling on the living-room sofa.
















We thought the chiaroscuro effect would be best enhanced by the Smoke filter, which We set to 60%:















Finally - a dignified shot which pays Due Respect to My Status as a Purrince, as well as showing My Alertness, as befitting the Captain-of-the-Guard:
















For the artification, We used the Grey filter, at 70%:















Which do you like best?


I should just mention that all three will be going on display at the Israel Museum later this week:


























Now, here are the blog hop badges:


        


And now, it's time for Us to start blog hopping.



Till next week then.

Be well. Be safe. We love you all.





20 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Dear Prince Shimshi , Lynn does the same embarrassing things to me. I do believe that mostly hoomans are deeply interested in our yoga poses. You look like you have that one down pat and I love seeing your pink tongue. Your artwork belonged in a museum fur sure. Good news about the caterwauling going off well. And we look forward to more travel pictures. Have a lovely warm day today. Precious

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I like the first the best, and as any true mancat would say, let it all hang out!

Katie Isabella said...

Dearest Shimshi...you as the Captain of the Guard makes my senses tremble in admiration!!!

I love earing the caterwauling! And seeing it. So whatever you choose, O Prince.

Can't wait for you Mom's Field Trip

Brian's Home Blog said...

All of your selfies and art is wonderful but you look most Royal in that last one! Y'all stay safe over there.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Our fave is the Grey one but the others are great too!

LOULOU said...

OH my cod, that x-rated photo is just wonderful. Be glad it wasn't a CLOSE-UP, you darling kitty. And of course, the last regal one made us sigh, as usual. Happy Sunday.

LOULOU said...

Do you know how we can get our photo on these comments as the others have on the right?

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Our Forsythia is blooming and pollen is in the air so we are pretty sure Spring is indeed here.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood they all look grate, even number one, thatz what
bee in a catz all bout !! heerz two a happee healthee safe week a head for each of ewe :) ♥♥

Leah said...

I like all of these pictures of you, Shimshi, it's too hard to pick a favorite! How 😎 cool to have your pictures in a museum! Your first picture is very cute! In fact, I took a similarity revealing picture one of our kitties a few days ago because it was just so cute!

BellaDharma an BellaSita Mum said...

Wee LOVE all THE fotoss Shimshi!! Mind you, Nobell Selfie foto iss FURABULUSS!!!
Yore so fotogenick!!!!
Sending POTP an purrtection to all of youss' there from us heer!
~~~head rubss~~~BellaDharma~~~ an ***blowss kissess*** BellaSita Mum

M Dawson said...

I LOVE that chariascuro effect, WOW it looks good. Well done.

Kea said...

All your selfies are terrific, though I admit that I like the third the best. I love it when kitties stretch out their forlegs like that! 😻

Take care and have a good week. I hope your mummy's field trip goes well!

pilch92 said...

Those are all great shots and I like all the art effects. XO

The Island Cats said...

Shimshi, that first one is a classic! I love it…and the other ones. It’s been getting warmer here too…which gives me spring fever!

meowmeowmans said...

Shimshi, how can we possibly choose from your three purrfect selfies? We love them all. We are glad Mum's catrewauling concert was such a big success!

Kitties Blue said...

Humans always think it is cute when they embarrass us, but we must admit we enjoyed seeing your substantial, white tummy. And we liked each art creation. They definitely belong in the museum. Thank you so much for hopping along with us. Our mom is going over to your mom's blog now. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

Those feline photos are looking very "arty" :)
We are glad to hear that you can feel a hint of spring in the air!

Smudge said...

Oh my gosh, these are all fabulous, but I've gotta say- that first one is my favorite and a hoot!

CCL Wendy said...

Shimshi is a wonderful poser and we can see what a great sense of humour he has. I think our favourite art piece is the one where he is shimmying on the floor. It has lots of interest and giggles.