Sunday, June 4, 2023

A Sad Sunday: Caturday Art and Sunday Selfies with Shimshi

Hallo, Effurrybuddies.


This is a furry sad weekend for all of Us in the Blogosphere, because We had to say goodbye to sweet Raz, from the Friends Furever blog.  Raz had been sick for a while, although We did not realise just how bad it was, and We were heartbroken to read he was called to the Bridge on Furriday afternoon.
We send Our heartfelt Condolences to his Mom, Miss Sharon, and to his fursibs, Noelle and Reesie.

Effurry time We say Goodbye to one of Our Anipals, We are reminded of the impawtance of keeping in touch with friends - animal and human alike - because nothing lasts for effur, and if you put off telling someone how much they mean to you, you might not get another chance.

You remember how, in the past, We have written about Mummy's friend Ms F. who got stuck in Switzerland three years ago when the Evil Coronavirus Pandemic started, and, for health reasons, was unable to return home again and whose kitties were being taken care of by Ms. I?
Ms. F. was called to her own Bridge last week after fighting an Evil Cancer for several years - and neffur saw her home or her kitties again. Mummy is trying to find out what will happen to the two who were left.

About the casualties of war and terrorism over the last week, Mummy will probably write in her own blog later this week, or maybe next week. For now, We are going to concentrate on happier things - namely, the weekend blog hops. It is My Turn to lead my fellow J-Cats on the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the Divinely Wise and Beautiful Athena and her HuMum, Marie, and the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the Delightful and Predictably Unpredictable Kitties Blue and their HuMom, Janet.


It was quite difficult to choose just one selfie this week - because there are simply so many to choose from. So We offer up three for your Delectation!  Each one of them has been artified with a different LunaPic filter.

Furrst up, here is a picture of Me purractising Pole Dancing. Mummy says I have put on too much weight and that I need to get in shape for the World Pole Dancing Championships later in the summer.

Do you think I am overweight, kitties?





























We artified this with the Delaunay filter, with a Dark overlay at 70%:























Selfie no. #2 shows My Despairing Attempt to evade the Flashy Box. It was a vain attempt - but at least no flash was actually used and there was no need for Me to activate My Deadly Lasers:

























We made an artsy-fartsy version of this one with Dreaming (which I was not allowed to do in peace!) at 55%, overlaid with Beauty at 45%:

























Finally, here is one where I let it all hang out (mol).  Mummy claims I had difficulty in rolling over again onto My Tummy, because of being overweight! Such impurrtinence! What does She know about it? I was merely allowing her to take multiple shots of My Tummy, because I know so many of you greatly admire it!






The artification for this one used the Surreal Painting effect at 82%, with an overlay of Tuscany at 40%.






















Which one do you like best?


Now, before We forget, here are the blog hop badges:


        



As most of you know by now, Sunday evening is caterwauling practice for Mummy and her Caterwauling Club friends, so We will sign off now and let her have a nice, long siesta. Caterwauling, as We all know, demands a lot of Energy - and Energy requires plenty of Napping.

So that's it for now. Lehitra'ot (Be seeing you).


Be well. Be safe. We love you all.




18 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Shimshi, it is always sad when a beloved kitty crosses their Bridge.
I do like your tummy picture ;) You are a good looking cat.
Mum would really like to rub that belly ;)
Purrs, Julie

Gidget Blue Sky said...

yoo r not fat, yoo r purrfect

Lynn and Precious said...

Dear Shimshi, I love your tummy. We seem to be in the same great shape to show off to all advantage our tummies. I like your tummy art the most, but pole dancing would be up my alley too if I could figure it out. We are sorry Ms. F. is gone from this earth. Her poor but well taken care of kitties must have missed her so furry much. And Angel Raz, well we will miss seeing his smiling face. Precious

meowmeowmans said...

We are so sad about and Mrs. F, and are purring and sending love to their families.

Shimshi, we think you look great. May we rub your belly?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am very sad that Raz had to leave for the Rainbow Bridge. I am also sorry about Mrs. F and hope her kitties will continue to be cared for.
I like all your art, and my favourite is the last one.

Kate Crimmins said...

You have a wonderful tummy!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Love your photos and art. The pole dancing one is our fave!

We are so sad about Raz and that is very sad about Mrs F and her kitties.

catladymac said...

We also had not realized how sick Raz was. He will be missed We are also sorry about your friend and her kitties - hopefully their caregiver will be able to continue with them.
Purrayers and Power of the Paw to all.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I love your photos and your beautiful art. Yes, we're all really sad about dear Raz, it's awful for his family. Y'all be safe over that way, we think about you anytime we see something bad happening on the news.

pilch92 said...

That is so sad about your mummy's friend never getting to see her kitties again. You are the perfect size. I love all these shots of you. The second is my favorite. XO

M Dawson said...

I love your filters and you do, as always look, very fine. Please let us know if the kitties are OK as the news about your friend is desperately sad.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You. Are. Magnificent. !!! And that is absolutely heartbreaking about your Mummy's friend :(

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

TBT: It is always sad to read of another beloved cat going over The Bridge. I've experienced enough of that myself. But each departure is so hard on the Humans who loved and cared for them.

I often hope genetic research will allow cats to stay kittens longer and adults longer and in great health.

But we have to say goodbye to our dear feline friends 12-18 years. And we never know quite when that will be.

We cherish the years and cry for the departure...

Neither of you are "fat". You should see Marley sometimes... LOL!

Lone Star Cats said...

Nope you look perfect to me!

Kea said...

Shimshi, life is very bittersweet, and so hard for those of us who are left behind. But your selfies are wonderful and put a smile on my face; I love the last one most especially.

The Florida Furkids said...

Thank you for your kind words about the loss of our sweet ManCat Raz. We miss him terribly.

The Florida Furkids and Mom Sharon

CCL Wendy said...

What lofurly Selfies, Shimshi! We are very sorry about Mrs. F and for her kitties. We hope that someone is loving her cats up somewhere.

I think you are a very amusing kitty. You sure know how to pose to make me giggle. All of your art is stunning because your purrsonality is exposed in the making. You sure do like to show your tummy, and no, I do not think it's too big. Just right for a snorgle.

I am pawtial to the Dreaming one because of the unique pawsition you are in, and I like the colours, too. This one begs to have a little "poot" added to it.

If you like, I would be happy to make up a meme of Shimshi for my weekly funnies. Just let me know, if so.

Katie Isabella said...

You are perfection enrobed in spectacular furs! et no one even breathe otherwise.