Sunday, July 28, 2024

Caspurr the Champion: Caturday Art and Sunday Selfies

Greetings, Effurryone!

This will be a short post, because later today, my brofur Shimshi and I, will be prepurring for the heats in the Synchronised Snoozing Cat-O-Lympic event - and, of course, We need to rest furrst (mol)!

Today, it is My Turn to repurresent the J-Cats in the weekend blog hops - the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the Wise and Beautiful Athena and her HuMum, Marie, and the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the Delightfully and Predictably Unpredictable Kitties Blue and their HuMom, Janet.

Mummy and I chose three of my latest crop of selfies, and each of them was artified with a combination of Our Favourite Lunapic art effects.

This furrst one shows me in the living room, guarding the staircase. In the background to the upper left, you can see a corner of the HUGE cardboard box that Mummy's Cleaning Lady, Ms. M., brought for Us. It is so big, you can fit two smaller cartons inside, thus creating a two-roomed condo - which Mummy did, only you can't see it in this picture. Maybe some other time...














Mummy created an artsy-fartsy version of this, using the Metallic effect at 58%, topped with Floating at 36%:














I swear, if you hadn't seen the original, you would think I was lounging on a bed here, wouldn't you?


In this next one, I am trying to have a bit of a snooze in the newspaper basket - not that it has been used for newspapers for years now! I mean - who actually buys newspapers these days, when you can get them online? (Mummy does occasionally buy one when they have a Special Edition, such as for Independence Day, or one of the Mewish holidays.)













We used the Landscape filter here - at 100%, followed by a light wash of Candy at 27%:














In my final selfie for this week, I really am lounging on the bed, with two of My Pawselain Dolly sisters, Miss Dorothea and Miss Laura, in the background:
















For this one, We used Storytime at 100% (Mummy looked for it specially, after it was mentioned by another of you lovely kitty bloggers). And She added an overlay of Nouveau, again at 27%:













I can't decide really, but I think this last one is my favourite.
How about You? Which do you like best?




        


Some last minute news just breaking - the International Cat-O-Lympic Committee will be inaugurating the Cat-O-Lympian Hall of Fame on the last evening of the Games and I am, of course, going to feature in it purr-ominantly.  But We have to choose which of my pawtraits will feature in the promo poster for the Official Opening. Which should it be?
















Now for the blog hop badges:


      


That's all for now, but We'll be back again next week - same Cat Time, same Cat Channel.


Till then - be well. Be safe. We love you all.



22 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Sir Caspurr we think we like the picture best with you and the dollies in the background. However you're so handsome it really doesn't matter which one we pick. And how about a double cardboard condo. That sounds fantastic.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

All of your art is lovely and my favourite is the second one. The Candy goes really well with Landscape.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You are sure looking mighty fine in your selfies and art today Sir Caspurr! I think the middle portrait would be purrfect! Y'all be safe over there.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

All your art is lovely and I we love your tabby markings!

Gidget Blue Sky said...

#1 dee mewspaper baskit!!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....eye noe ewe all iz gonna bring home de gold...and silvervine...and bronze !!! :) N joy yur time at de gamez, bring home sum sue veneerz for mummy and eye am pickin de posturr on de left hand side :) !! ♥♥♥♥ a happee safe week a head ~~~~

Leah said...

Wow, Caspurr, all the pictures show off your striking tabby markings beautifully! I love the delicate look of the first art effect, the second picture looks so sweet, but that last picture is really grand, too! Can't choose a favorite!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Caspurr, LOVE the first one as it does distract the least from your purrsonality.
The others are nice but the attention is being drawn to dollies or surrounding items.
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

Kea said...

Caspurr, I think you and Shimshi will take gold!

My favourite is the second one with you in the basket, though all the art is terrific!

Take care, have a wonderful week!

BellaDharma an BellaSita Mum said...

Mee-yow Caspurr yore lookin fine today!! Mitey hansum!!
While wee love all THE fotoss an THE artsy fotoss wee like #2 original an #2 artsy foto best....
All THE best to you an Shimshi inn yore Olympick event! Youss' got this!! ;)
***nose rubss*** BellaDharma an ***blowss kissess*** BellaSita Mum

Katie Isabella said...

Actually, I too would be surprised if you and Shimshi didn't take top honors... the gold!
I will take a nap and be ready to hop in my tunnel and come over for a picnic as you offered. XXX

pilch92 said...

They are all great, but the second is my favorite because it shows off your beautiful eyes. How nice of the cleaning lady to bring you a box. XO

messymimi said...

Sir Caspurr, all of your photos and art are excellent, as always. The first one, to me, shows off all of your regal self the best.

As for who still buys a newspaper, we do! I like to sit with my feet up for a few minutes each day, doing all the puzzles with a pencil. It's my way of relaxing after work, which sometimes lasts up to 12 hours. My Sweetie, who has somewhat limited vision, likes reading his paper on paper, as reading on a screen tires and confuses him.

You asked about the alligator head in the picture. The baby shower had a swamp theme, with rubber snakes among the decorations. #2 Son catches alligators, turtles and such and taxidermies them, so the turtle shells held the wrapped candies and other decor. The party games were things like "guess how many crickets in the jar." He even caught a snapping turtle just for the party. I expect my new granddaughter to be raised to enjoy tent camping, fishing and exploring the great outdoors, just like her dad and mom do.

Good luck to all of you in the Cat O-Lympics, may you all win your competitions, whatever they may be.

I am praying for the peace of Jerusalem.

The Island Cats said...

What great selfie and art, Caspurr! Good luck in the competition. I know you and Shimshi will gold medal for sure! ~Murphy

Kitties Blue said...

All your art is meowvolous as you are such a cutie pie. We do believe we must agree with you. We select the final offering for your Hall of Fame portrait. Thanks for hopping along with us. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Beautiful selfies and art! I buy special editions of newspapers too...and we've had a good number of them lately here in the US too!

M Dawson said...

I LOVE that second filter selfie, it looks so cool! Handsome and that touch of blue to liven it up!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We have to agree with you, Caspurr, the last one is the BEST. But we also really like the first one that makes it look like you are relaxing on a pretty bed coverlet.

Woos - Misty and Timber

meowmeowmans said...

Caspurr, you most certainly ARE a champion! We love them all, but the one in the basket is our favorite by a whisker!

Sending love and hugs, and purrs and prayers for you all.

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Your artworks are all beautiful, Caspurr, and we really thought that you were lying on your bed in the first one, what a magical filter😸Enjoy the games! Double Pawkisses for a Happy Week ahead to all of you🐾😽💞

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

I really like the last artwork, Caspurr! We know you all will do well in the Cat-0lypmics! Have fun, too!!

Linda said...

Oh, I really love the last one! I am looking forward to seeing your awards from the CatOlympics.