Sunday, January 15, 2023

Shimshi's Bathtime Caturday Art and Sunday Selfie

Greetings, Effurrybuddies!


The Mighty Shimshon (aka Shimshi) here - The Little Purrince, The Baby Mancat, Master of the Queen's Mischiefs and Captain of the Guard. This week, I am leading my fursibs on the weekend blog hops - the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the Wise and Beautiful Athena and her HuMum, Marie, and the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the adorable, Predictably Unpredictable Kitties Blue and their HuMom, Janet.


Mind you - I am not saying I would have chosen this purrticular photo of my Undeniably Handsome Purrson for My Sunday Selfie:













I mean - I know it displays my Athleticism and Supurrb Sense of Balance (honed by months of Pole Dancing purractice), but really, a kitty's grooming routine is not necessarily for Public Consumption - certainly not without said kitty's Prior Purrmission!

Still, when one does not have Opposable Thumbs and access to a camera,  sometimes one is obliged to knuckle under (no pun intended) and accept what Fate Mummy decides, n'est-ce pas?

At any rate, I did get to decide how my pawtrait would be artified and, since I loved the Artist Collages Trixie and Caspurr got, I asked for one of My Own - and here it is:














This Quartet uses (clockwise from top left) Life, Grey, Yarn and Hunger, from the LunaPic palette.

How do you like it - and which of the four effects do you like best?

My Publishers, PhotoFunia Inc., were so impurressed they decided to feature Me in a New Book about Kitties in Art.















Isn't that Splendid News? What a Wonderful Gift this would make for Valentine's Day!

Now, before We Mummy forgets, here are the blog hop badges:


     


And now it's time to set off on Our blog hop Visits.

Till next week then.

Be well. Be safe. We love you all.





17 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Shimshi, our humans take our pictures no matter what we are doing!
They can be as bad as the paparazzi!!!!!
At least she got a fine shot of your handsome face!!!!
Purrs, Julie

Lynn and Precious said...

Dear Handsome Shimshi, I purrfured the Life art. So colorful and still rather regal fur a prince. Thank you fur not noticing my white fur, but you have lots on the legs and tummy.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

shimshi, dat iz wun heckova pose!!

meowmeowmans said...

Shimshi, that really is an athletic pose, and we always enjoy seeing your handsome face. We like all the effects, bu "Life" was our favorite. ConCATulations on being featured in your publisher's book. They know talent when they see it, obviously. HUGS!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great pose, Shimshi!

BellaDharma an BellaSita Mum said...

Toetally kewl foto Shimshi!! Wee think yore furry cathletick!
An hansum!
Wee LOVE yore selfie an from THE Collage wee like LIFE effect THE bet mee frend!
Wee are so happy to bee back online. Missed efurryone so-o much!
~~~head rubss~~~BellaDharma~~~ an ((hugss)) BellaSita Mum

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is great art, and a great pose too! The Life art is my favourite. I don't think I have seen it yet.

pilch92 said...

You are a yoga cat. I love your art collage. XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

You do look most handsome and your selfie is terrific. Your art, of course, is fabulous, just like you!!!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You look absolutely adorable!!!

M Dawson said...

I think that the smokey grey treatment sets you off to purrfection. All elegance and refined edges. On cool cat!!

The Island Cats said...

Shimshi, were you giving yourself a spit shine?? Cute selfie!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

You are now a furmouse purrblished kitty!!

Tel Aviv's feral cats said...

Posing so nicely for the camera, when my cats bolt whenever I try shooting a video, lol.

That's the only way a cat would have a bath. Try to give them what we humans consider a real bath, and you better write a will. Then you'll see what happens when you do something without the cat purrmission.

Kea said...

I just wanted to thank you and your Mummy for your lovely, kind words re: Derry's passing. I know that your Mummy understands the grief all too well.

I deeply appreciate your kindness. Peace and Blessings. ♥

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Looking totally terrific Shimshi! Happy weekend sweeties!

Katie Isabella said...

Hello again Shimshi! You are right...you are a handsome fellow and when you mentioned giving your book with your collage in it on Valentines Day...who is the lucky girlcat?