Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sunday Selfies: Moonlight Sonata

Hallo again, Effurryone and Shavua Tov (a Good Week) to you all!







It is I, Caspurr the Courageous, King of the Tigger-Tabbies, here to represent the J-Cats in the Sunday Selfies Blog Hop hosted by the Kitties Blue and their Human, Janet. They are celebrating their seventh blogoversary today, and We wish them a huge Mazal Tov.

This picture was taken last week. As you can see, I was looking furry anxious in this picture - and with Good Reason! The Moon was being stolen, right before my eyes, and there was nothing I could do to stop it! 







Mummy explained to Us that this was something called a Lunar Eclipse and that the Moon would come back in a few hours. It hadn't really been stolen, She said - just borrowed. But I was still worried. I was wondering if the Thieves would who had stolen the Moon would return it in time for my romantic moonlight picnic with the beauteous BellaDharma from The Purrfect Pad, which I had planned for the following evening, the night of the Full Moon. You can't have a moonlight picnic with no moon, can you?

I waited and waited and waited and sure enough, just as I was beginning to despair, I saw that the Moon had escaped its captors and was slowly coming back to Us.
What a relief!

The following night, she was shining in all her splendour - and my Panfur Princess and I had a wonderful picnic up in the Enchanted Forest, where the wild nip grows.


Did any of you witness the theft of the Moon?  Did it make you anxious?



At all events, the Moon is back where she always was, in plenty of time to celebrate the furrst Human lunar landing fifty years ago (that's like - about a gazillion in cat years). Why, that 's before even Minxie, Mummy's furry furrst kitty, was born! Mummy was around then, though, just about. You know she's gazillions of years old, don't you (mol)?

Okay, time to join the Blog Hop. Here is the badge, furrst of all:








And off We go:










12 comments:

Timmy Tomcat said...

We saw a little of the moon going away and Dad explained the same to us. Glad you had a nice pic-a-nic too. Purrs

Just Mags said...

That is a very nice Selfie. We didn't know about the eclipse so we didn't see it. That is a great photo of the eclipse. Hugs and nose kisses

Catscue Catmom said...

That is a beautiful selfie! How wonderful that you got to see a lunar eclipse - pawsome!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I saw it too. That is a lovely selfie of you waiting for it to come back.

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Alas, no, we didnt see the moon go and come back, but thank goodness you guys were there to make sure all things went well—especially for your dinner date!
Heres hoping you get s great and new moon ver soon, to see your love blossom.
Puurs
ERin

Shoko Neilson said...

I'm glad we didn't know about the eclipse and slept through it. Tyebe gets real nervous when its too dark. We can hear her all over the house.

You look so handsome, I'm sure BellaD fell head over heels for you.

Shoko

pilch92 said...

I didn't notice the moon hiding.That must have been scary. XO

Sherri-Ellen T-D. said...

Mew mew mew mee LadyMeow tooked mee to last week's Sunday Selfie Caspurr….
Pleese ask Miss shimona if shee cuud dee-lete mee commint. Mee will try this again.
Mee did not know there was an EEclipss or mee wuud have assured you THE Moon wuud bee back inn time fore our Moonlite Picknick…..mee had tHE most wunderfull time CAspurr an wee will do it again fore sure. You are a sweet an so kind.
Thank you fore takin mee to yore Enchanted Forest....mee iss sure mee saw a Unnycorn inn THE treess!!!
**purrsss** an ~~head rubsss~~BellaDharma~~

meowmeowmans said...

We love your selfie, Caspurr. You are very handsome!

We did not see the eclipse here. But we sure are glad the moon did indeed come back!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I'm so glad the moon is safe! Alas, I wasn't around for the lunar landing...

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Lovely selfie!

Furries said...

Your concern about the moon is understandable. I'm glad no one stole it because I really enjoy looking at it.