Thursday, December 19, 2013

Back to Normal - Sort of...

Hallo, Effurrybody!

Well, the snowstorm finally ended - after three whole days - and life is slowly getting back to normal. Only now, both Mummy and Caspurr have got so used to Caspurr sleeping in the Boudoir with Us (Her and Me) that I fear this is going to become a purr-manent Fact of Life. That's so unfurr! Night-time used to be My Special Time with Mummy. Caspurr would be shut on the enclosed balcony and I could roam the apartment freely, nibbling at my food whenever I felt like it, safe in the knowledge that He couldn't get at it. Now, Mummy feeds Us both before bedtime and then hides MY Bowl away so that Caspurr can't gobble up my food during the night. Unfortunately, that means that I can't snack during the night either.

Furr-themore, I used to be able to play at night, undisturbed, with my Mousie or in the Tunnel, but since being granted the Freedom of the House at night, Caspurr munched Mousie to pieces and whenever I enter the Tunnel, he pounces on Me. Sometimes, Mummy shuts Me in the Boudoir with the Tunnel - or rather, shuts Caspurr out, just to enable Me to play.




But this morning, Caspurr curled up in a Sun Puddle in the kitchen and I took advantage of the fact to snuggle up under the warm quilt with Mummy.




I do wish, though, that she wouldn't be so quick on the draw with the Flashy Box. No ladycat likes to have her photo taken before she has had a chance to make herself look presentable! Yet She can hardly wait for Me to emerge from under the quilt before She starts snapping away...



Trixie,  the Disgruntled Black Panfur

4 comments:

Cats Herd You said...

If Caspurr minds his manners, maybe it will be okay that he sleeps in the Boudoir?

The Island Cats said...

Trixie, we kinda like your "bedhead" look. :)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We suspect that hard Winter means inside time is only right (and mebbe even become permanent). It won't seem fair but yer gonna have ta make some adjustments, Trixie.

Katie Isabella said...

Trixie, I concur! Ask her to have some courtesy and wait for you to signal that you are finished bathing and arranging your furs. xxoo