Sunday, August 6, 2023

A Birthday Coming Up: Caturday Art and Sunday Selfies With - Queen Trixie!

Hallo again, Effurrybody!


As promised last week, here I am again, Queen Trixie that is - Furrst of My Name, Empurress of Jerusalem, Israel and the Entire Middle East, Queen of Hearts, Guardian of the Boudoir, Alpha-Kitty Extraordinaire.  And why am I here, for the second week in a row, leading the J-Cats as We join the weekend blog hops - the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the Wise and Beautiful Athena and her HuMum, Marie, and the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the Deliciously and Predictably Unpredictable Kitties Blue and their HuMom, Janet?

Two reasons. One - my Pesky Brofurs photobombed Me last week, and Mummy promised me Compensation (I would have settled for a plate of salmon mousse, Mummy). And two - next Shabbat, August 12th, is My Birthday. Being a well brought-up Ladycat, I will not, of course, reveal My Age - though you could purrobably make an educated guess if you read About Me in the right hand sidebar.

Anyway, you know what birthdays mean, don't you, dear anipals?

That's right! A Pawty! (It's been quite a few weeks since We had one of those, hasn't it?)

As usual, We will be celebrating this most Auspicious Day next Shabbat afternoon, at 4 PM, up in the Enchanted Forest, overlooking the Old City of Jerusalem.  We look forward to seeing you all there. There will be Mewsic and Dancing and lots and lots and lots of Noms. And, also as usual, if anyone feels like arriving a bit early to help set up the Bar - Welcome. We can always do with a helping Paw!

Okay, now to business!

We found it hard to pick out just one Selfie, so here are FOUR to choose from - each with a different LunaPic artification. Tell Us which one you like best in the comments section below.

Furrst of all, a beautiful selfie which displays My floofy tummy, and you can also glimpse My Purrfect Fangs:














We artified this with Splash, at 30%:




The next picture shows a bit more of My Fangs - well, quite a lot more, in fact (mol):













This one was artified, using the Art Nouveau effect at 40%:




Next up is My Purrsonal Favourite, which We artified using LunaPic's Floating filter at 55%:












Here is the artsy-fartsy version:




Mummy and I like that one purrticularly, because of the way it emphasises My Eyes.


And last, but not least, a selfie which turned out a bit blurred, but which, for that reason,  lent itself well to artification with Renoir, set to 80%:















And now, here are the blog hop badges:


        




In other news, Mummy did blog about the situation here in Israel, as She hinted She might. Mummy says She found it emotionally exhausting to write about, and She felt quite drained by the time She finished.  She tried furry hard to be objective, but it is hard to escape the Obvious Conclusion, which is that Humans cannot be trusted to govern themselves and that the World would be a much better place if it was ruled by Cats - as Nature intended!!!

Well, that is all for now, dear furriends. We look forward to seeing you at the Pawty on Shabbat afternoon.

Till then - be well. Be safe. We love you all.

18 comments:

Erin the Cat Princess said...

You are most certainly right about humans.
Now on to nicer things, as in photos and selfie artwork. I have to say, and Mrs H agrees, that each of your art pieces is equally delightful! If we had to pick a fav, which we really can't, it would be you snoozing.
Purrs for a wonderful birthday weekend and party. We got lost last time so will have to take a taxi this.
Purrs
ERin

Mickey's Musings said...

Pawsome selfies showing off your fabulous floof and pawsome fangs!!!!!!
Have a great birthday celebration too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Purrs,Julie

meowmeowmans said...

Those are wonderful selfies, Trixie. They show off your beautiful floof so well, and the resulting artwork is magnificent. We are excited for your birthday party. We will do our best to come early to help set up!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Lovely photos and art. Love the fluffy belly!

Agree - cats should rule!

Lynn and Precious said...

Dear Trixie, you have some impressive toophs. And floofs. We look fur-ward to the birthday pawty. Your mum did helpful writing about your country.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

we haza quik minit two say HI everee one and trixie we wizh ewe a MOST happee earl lee birthday, with lotz oh gettin inta trubullz, eatin sum perch pizza piez and friez anda yeer a head filled with happeez and healtheez !! ♥♥♥♥♥ luvz bak two ewe all frum all oh uz ♥♥♥

Kea said...

All your selfies are fabulous, Trixie! I especially like the "floating" effect, I used that one quite a bit for some of angel Derry's pics.

I'm sure your birthday pawty will be the party of the season!

As for humans...Sigh. I am one, and I wouldn't want to be one again. Better to be a much-loved house kitty with excellent human servants. :-)

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Wow, how did you open your mouth that wide??? I like the floating effect the best.

CCL Wendy said...

Trixie, you are a most intriguing kitty, but I must say you have a big mouth. Your first picture made me go Awww. I just love belly furs, and the second made me guffaw! The other two were nice but just couldn't live up to the first, two -- as far as impact goes, anyway. It must be very easy for your vet to clean your teefs.

Looking forward to your birthday celebration, and don't swallow any flies in the meantime.

Katie Isabella said...

Trixie...you are magnificent! I love that 6th one down, but I love them ALL. It was hard to make a choice.

Oh, and as always I WILL be there! For the pawty.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Beautiful photos and art! We'll look forward to the pawty :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's a beautiful selfie sweet Trixie and we all wish you a most Happy Birthday a bit early. Love your art too!

pilch92 said...

I love all these shots of you and the art your mum made of them. You are gorgeous. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. XO

Gattina said...

At my 4 x 20 years, I can only say, people have learned nothing from the past ! Apparently peace is too boring !

Gattina said...

I love your art cats, but the last picture nearly scared me, lol !

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We will sure try to join you for the Birfday Pawty Trixie! We will nip TBTs toesies.

Adorapurr said...

Wishing sweet Trixie a wonderpurr birthday! Love to all! Dori

Linda said...

Your fangs are very impressive. Stay sweet.