Saturday, June 22, 2019

Caturday Art: An Eventful Week


Greetings, Effurryone!

It is I, Caspurr the Courageous, King of the Tigger-Tabbies, here to tell you what a furry eventful week it has been and how I have more than lived up to My Name!

Furrst of all, last weekend, Mummy noticed that as well as often having my adorable pink tongue stuck out most of the time, I had started to drool - and She also said that I had (whisper) Bad Breath. After getting in a Panic and thinking I had maybe got all sorts of Terrible and Nameless Diseases, she finally settled on the purrobability that I had a gum infection. So on Sunday, she kitnapped Me and hauled Me off to the V-E-T.  She got furry cross because We had to wait HALF AN HOUR for a taxi - but, when it came, I was Furry Good and refrained from singing the Song of My People, despite the Provocation.

Any way, once we got to the surgery, I continued to behave beautifully and let Dr. Einat examine my mouth and she saw at once that I had a furry bad inflammation of my gums caused by a broken tooth right at the back. She put some paste in my mouth which must have been a local anaesthetic (another Big Word I have learned) and then she pulled out that rotten old tooth without further ado and I sat there, AS GOOD AS GOLD, and let her get on on with it, without uttering a single meow. Dr. Einat and her assistant said that I was an Absolute Dream Cat and that they had never before met a Feline who would allow them to pull a tooth without "putting them under" and without uttering a sound. But, to be honest, kitties - it was giving me such pain I would have done almost anything to be rid of it. I started feeling better almost immediately. The V-E-T gave Mummy antibiotics to administer to me twice a day for a week and also something called Dentisept, which is a paste she has to spread on my gums effury day for a week, and then three times a week for effur more - and, do you know what, kitties? Not only do I not resist taking my meds, I even come running to Mummy when I see her prepurring them for Me!
Aren't I Good?



Move over, now, Caspurr! It is My Turn!
I, Queen Trixie, want to tell you that after cleaning the appawtment by herself for the past couple of years, Mummy decided to try out a couple who started working recently for her stepsister, and they came to clean the appawtment last Wednesday. Of course, since there were two of them, they can get it done much faster than just one, which means We have to be shut up in one of the rooms for less time. However, when the time came to clean the room where We were, Mummy had to move Us into the bedroom, which had already been cleaned. I was the furrst to be moved, but Mummy hadn't warned the cleaners to stay out of sight and when I saw Two Total Strangers in the house, I Freaked Out and tried to escape from Mummy's Arms, scratching her really badly in the process. But She knew it wasn't My Fault and She didn't get mad at Me, although I know it hurt Her furry much because She was almost crying with the pain. I felt so bad about it. I didn't know how to make it up to Her until Furriday, when She was cooking for Shabbat. Usually, when She is cooking, She shuts Us all away in the Bedroom, because the Mancats insist on jumping up on the kitchen counter. But I was too quick for her and I leapt up to My Lofty Perch atop the kitchen cupboards before She could catch Me. And there I stayed, snoopervising her all the time She was cooking and encouraging her to get it done quickly. You see, if I had let her shut Me away with the boys, She would have been taking breaks effury so often to check her email, or read a book or wasted time on Fursbook - but with Me in the kitchen snoopervising, She couldn't turn her back for so much as a minute, or leave the room, for fear (completely unwarranted, I have to say) that I might jump down on the counter and eat something I shouldn't, like onions, for instance (which are furry, furry bad for kitties). So, you see, I helped her get the Shabbat cooking done in record time (mol).


Okay, Trixie! Now I, the Mighty Shimshi, want to have My say too!
I want to tell all Our Furriends about how We purrtected Mummy from an Evil Cockroach on Furriday night. We spotted it lurking in the kitchen. We would have liked to play with it for a bit before dedding it, but Mummy was screaming at Us all the time to kill it. Well, We held it at bay and then Mummy came and threw the book at it. That is to say, she dropped the Telephone Directory on it and squished it and then She scooped up the Corpse with the Brush and Pan and tossed it out of the window. I do think She  might have let Us eat it, don't you? It would have made a nice crunchy snack. But Mummy said She wasn't having That Thing in the house a moment longer than necessary and out it went.  Now Mummy is in something of a Quandary (You see, Caspurr? You aren't the only one who knows some Big Words). She would like to really "go to town" with the insecticide, but She is terribly afraid of accidentally poisoning Us - like the dear little kitty She saw at the V-E-T's on Sunday, who had accidentally ingested some of the insecticide when her home was de-bugged a few days earlier. Mummy says She would rather have the odd cockroach or two than risk poisoning Us.


Now, kitties (and other Anipals, and Human Admirers too), We are pawticipating in this week's Caturday Art Blog, hosted by the Beautiful and Wise Kitty, Athena, and her Human, Marie.






The original photo is one of those rare ones where We are all zonked out peacefully chillaxing out together on the bed:











Mummy cropped it and then artified it with her favourite LunaPic, using the Beauty Effect at 75%. Finally, She added a Picture Frame Border:











And now, We are almost ready to go. All that remains is for Us to wish you all Shavua Tov - a Good Week - and to add the Blog Hop Badge: 




That's it. Let's Blog Hop:


13 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You have all had a very eventful week! Caspurr, you were very good and brave to have that nasty old tooth out. I am glad you are feeling much better now.
Your art is lovely and very pretty.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

WOW, what a week! So glad that's over and you're feeling better. Beautiful art too!

pilch92 said...

That is beautiful art. I am sorry about your tooth- ouch! The Tooth Fairy will send you a gift. XO

Kate said...

So glad that your tooth could be taken care of in one visit. My kitties always have to be put under. It's another trip and a day or two of grogginess.

Lone Star Cats said...

Nice Caturday art!

Glad you're feeling better Caspurr. And roaches - yuck! I probably woulda wanted to play wif it too.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

What an eventful week you've had!

I scratch Mum too when I'm very scared and I also hiss at the vet. I can't help it.

Love the art and the pic of you three all together on the bed!

The Island Cats said...

What exciting things happened to all of you! The mom is thinking of getting a cleaning person to help her with the house work, but we don't think we would like a stranger here. We're putting our paws down on that one. And Caspurr...we cannot believe you let the vet pull your toof like that. Wow! You are brave!!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz....whoa...stuffz a happenin at yur place N we hope it settlz down a wee bit; strangerz, vet vizitz, bee in dee nied bug snax ~ ☺☺☺

we due all everee onez grate N thiz week a head iz purrfect witha cap a tull Z

☺☺♥♥

Katie Isabella said...

Hi my Besties! Mommy was away all day and I never got a chance to see what you three had to say. You life os filled with adventure and derring-do. Caspurr, I am truly and totally amazed at your perfect behavior at the v-e-t. I stand in awed admiration! I was there a few days ago and did a lot of hissing and growling. I shall think of you next time.

By the way, did you know Deedle was blogging again? Well, she s a first time blogger girl but The One Wjp Came Before, Treasure, was a girl kitty you knew. Simba, Admiral, Treasure and a few other kitties would all have an adventure in an enchanted place.

https://onedeedlebug.blogspot.com

XXOO Katie

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! No anaesthetic? I would have bitten that woman into next week. Hope you're feeling better.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Wow, we think all of you had a very hard week and need some calm time! Like Mom giving you all EXTRA attention, and treats and tossed toys and such...

Sherri-Ellen T-D. said...

Mee-yow wow what a busy week you all had there!! Shimshi it iss a GUDD thing you did NOT eat a cockyroach! They carry illness an diss-ease an cudd make you furry sick! An they taste ucky….Miss Shimona do you have any pet storess there that sell Zodiac productss?? Zodiac makes sumthing called Zodiac Premise Spray an it werkss on a lot of buggies not just fleass an tickss...you wuud have to do a room at a time an close door fore an hour aftur sprayin……
Trixie yore kitchen snoopervizin skillss were purrfection! What a clevurr kitty girl to help yore Meowmy to make Shabbat dinner...mew mew mew.....
Furinallee, mee deerest Caspurr mee iss so sorry you had a bad teethie that had to come out. Mee sendss you bee-lated POTP an ~~head rubsss~~ An yore a toetallee BRAVE man cat!!! Mee iss inn AHHHH of you!
***purrsss*** BellaDharma an {{huggiesss}} LadyMew

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, what a week you all had! Caspurr, you are a seriously brave dude, letting the vet do your tooth like that.

We love the photo of you all lounging together. So special!