Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Cat in the Hat

Greetings, Fellow Felines (and C-a-n-i-n-e-s and Humans too)!

Well, Purim has been and gone - I know my Human wrote about it on her blog. It's that festival when humans get dressed up in all sorts of fancy costumes. (Some of them even get dressed up as Pussycats.)  My Human thought it would be nice if I, too, were to don Fancy Dress. I made it very clear to her that this was not, in My Humble Opinion, a very Good Idea, especially as her notion of Fancy Dress for Moi was to deck me out in all sorts of extravagant hats borrowed from the members of her porcelain doll collection.








I have my dignity to maintain, Fellow Felines, and that is hard for a mancat to do when disguised as a ladycat - however elegant. However, Mummy insisted that the whole point of Purim costumes is to pretend to be what you are not. I remained unconvinced, Fellow Felines - but Mummy was too crafty and managed to get the better of Me this time. She waited until I was catnapping and then she sneaked up on Me with a silly hat and her flashy box and took pictures of Me.



Of course, that woke Me up - and then, She coaxed me into trying on another hat.
Which one do you think suits me best?















I know, I know - it's hard to decide, isn't it? I'm so handsome, whatever I wear, aren't I?

Have a lovely weekend, and Shabbat Shalom to you all.

7 comments:

Mariodacat said...

ha ha - It's hard to tell because quite frankly, you don't appear to be enjoying either one of them. Dang oomans!

David said...

Whilst Purr-im is certainly a time for dressing up, if you try to foist the practice on an unconsenting feline, you might end up facing a miaotiny!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Aacckk, the indignity! Oh my...We hope your human is giving you lots of treats to make up for that!

BTW, not sure if you follow our blog, but we have changed URLs, it's now:

http://keas-fuzzy-tales.blogspot.com

Katie Isabella said...

Oh POSSUM! I have to tell you that you look wonderful in all three! Perhaps the straw is my very most favorite (No, I do NOT wish to borrow and wear it, but thank you!) and that beauty with blue and lace..but then, I think the green one. All three are (sorry Possum) make you even more adorable. I hope (sorry again Possum) you wear some more?

Love and purrs xoxoxoxo

Terri said...

I like the straw hat on you. You look like a no-nonsense kitty in it :)

CATachresis said...

The straw one is ace! But could just be the last straw for possum!!!

meowmeowmans said...

Isn't Purim fun? Possum, we think those all look wonderful on you, but there's something about the straw one that is purrfect.

Shalom to you and your mom!