Monday, July 4, 2011

Sweet Sixteen

Greetings, Fellow Felines!

Possum here - to remind you all what a very special day this is for me. July 4th is ..... My Birthday!
Today, I am 16 years old! Sweet Sixteen, my Mummy  (I mean, my Human...) says! And she opened a tin of my favourite flavour of Fancy Feast, Salmon and Ocean Whitefish. Of course, she filled Pixie's bowl too, but Pixie didn't really want it all, she doesn't have such a big appetite as I do (and besides, it isn't her Birthday today, that's not till next week), so she stepped aside and let me finish hers.

My Human says I am as handsome as I was the day we met, nearly 16 years ago. In fact, she says I'm even more handsome, if possible. You can judge for yourselves:

 

It was very hard to decide which picture shows Me to best advantage, so here are a couple more, all taken this year:




She also says that She loves Me very, very much. (I'll let you in on a Great Secret. I love Her very much too.)

And I love Pixie also - even though we squabble quite a lot.
(It's her Birthday next week, Fellow Felines, don't forget - July 14th.)

Pixie and I are going to have our joint Birthday Party this coming Shabbat afternoon  (July 9th) and all our Feline Friends are invited. There will be milk and cookies and smoked salmon and Birthday Cake and 21 different flavours of Fancy Feast.

We hope to see You there among our guests. (Our Human says it's not polite to ask for presents, so we won't. But we don't see any harm in just hinting how much We love getting them - mol...)

Till then, au revoir, Fellow Felines - or, as we say in Hebrew, lehitra'ot.

13 comments:

The J-Cats said...

Dear Possum,

I just wanted to wish you a very, very happy birthday. I love you too - despite the squabbles. But I do wish you'd let me eat my Fancy Feast in peace.

Your loving sister,

Pixie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, my darling MagnifiCat. I hope we shall spend many more of them together.

Love

Mummy

Katnip Lounge said...

Happy Birthday, Possum!
How do you feel about fresh Nip? Cuz we have a whole patch of it in our yard!

The J-Cats said...

Fresh Nip? Catnip, you mean? We hate to admit it, but we've never actually tried it. Is it as good as they say?

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY POSSUM!!! You look lovely, I would never know you are 16!!

Your favorite flavor of Fancy Feast used to be my Angel Bobo's favorite too!!

xoxoxo
Happy Birthday and many, many more!

meowmeowmans said...

Our dear Possum,

Happy Birthday, you handsome mancat! We will come to your party on Shabbat for sure. See you then! :)

nati yael said...

מזל טוב עד 120

Admiral Hestorb said...

Precious Possum...please forgive me for being late to wish you a happy birthday. MANYmany more darling boy. You and your sisfur are deeply loved by your mommy and mine too. She has known you for some years.

You look magnificent in all of your photos and not a day over 8! I will make mommy mark Shabbat on my calender.

Hugs and kisses always.

Admiral Hestorb said...

Possum, mommy is addled this early in the morning and she meant to not say that about the date...she woke just enough to realize that time has passed, as she already acknowledged. Poor mommy..but she will get better. Now, I am ready for the Feast you kindly saved foe me. Is that it..over by the chair? I enjoy my noms. Fanks you dear Possum andd PIXIE. Mommy will mark my calender for sweet Pixie's birthday right now.
xoxox

Shahlimare said...

Hello my Friend Shimona,
I am a little late but it's never too late to wish a very happy birthday to Possum!
July has not been happy for me. Féline, my lifelong friend, my friend of a life ... she died July 11 ... she re joined the cloud of animals. She was 15. I miss her terribly.
Our small Caline is only now but thankfully we have. It reduces a little of our grief.
Full of sweet caresses for Possum and Pixie.
Big hugs for you and see you soon

The J-Cats said...

We are so very saddened to read about the passing of our friend Féline, who has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. But we are comforted to know that she will find many kind and loving furry angels who have gone before her, to welcome her and befriend her there. Our condolences to her Human, Shahlimare and to her sisfur, Caline.

Shahlimare said...

Thank you sincerely for your words of comfort Shimona. Our consolation: our house, we were able to make a place for Feline in the garden. Thus it will always remain close to us.
Big hugs for you and Possum and Pixie

Jans Funny Farm said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Possum - and Pixie! We hope you both had a great time and got lots of presents.