Sunday, April 10, 2022

Still More Smiles and Tears: Caturday Art and Sunday Selfies With Trixie

Hallo again, Effurrybody!


With the arrival (at long last) of Spring, We were hoping for smiles all the way, and that We had put the Tears behind Us, but, alas, last Monday We learned of the loss of yet another of Our Dear Furriends, sweet, handsome Sammy of the 15 and Meowing blog. His Mommy, Ellen, is one of Mummy's oldest friends in the blogoverse. Mummy is devastated and so are We all.  

Even without that sad news, this past week hasn't been all that great - certainly not for Me, Queen Trixie. On Monday, as you know, Mummy had made an appointment for Me to go to the Evil V-E-T to have "several" teeth extracted. I heard her make the appointment and I had already made my escape plans. I was intending to put myself Out Of Reach, either on top of the kitchen cabinets, or else UTB, on Sunday night already, thinking She would try to catch me the following meowning. But She outmanoeuvred Me, by trapping Me in the Guest Room on Sunday evening, without food and water because the Evil V-E-T ordered a 12 hour fast prior to The Procedure. I thought I  would be able to hide behind the sofa if She tried to put Me in my Carrier, but when She came in the following meowning, I was so hungry, I came to her, thinking She had brought My Noms - and then She grabbed Me and stuffed Me into the Cage. But I managed to scratch her, at least. That will teach her! 

Well, off We went to the Stabby Place, where they gave me an Evil Drug to make Me sleepy. After I succumbed to it, Mummy deserted Me (I know that, because She wasn't there when I woke up). She went shopping, leaving Me totally at the mercy of not one, but TWO Evil V-E-T-S!!!

While I was zonked out, not only did they steal FOUR of my toofies, they also stole some of My Bloods!!! Only when they had finished having their Evil Way with Me, and I had (more or less) woken up, did they call Mummy to come and collect Me.

I felt really groggy and rather sick for the rest of the day but at least I got fed Fancy Feast for supper and for breakfast the following day.

I feel much better now though, without those toofies hurting Me - and, at least, they didn't touch My Beautiful Fangs! But Mummy is a little worried about My Bloodwork, because the creatinine is slightly elevated - and the glucose, also. The new, younger lady V-E-T recommended that because of My Age (nearly 10), Mummy should start feeding Me special food for kitties with kidney purroblems, even though it is not yet definite that I have anything wrong with My Kidneys. The V-E-T thinks that since such purroblems are furry common in senior kitties, I might as well start now, at the furrst sign. Mummy is also worried about the glucose and that maybe I have diabetes, but they need to do a urine test to be sure. At any rate, Mummy bought Me Royal Canin Renal food - and guess what, kitties - I really like it! Much more than the Happy Cat kibbles She has been feeding Us. And the V-E-T says I can still have Fancy Feast maybe once a week, like for Shabbat.



Anyway, to get back to matters in hand, it is My Turn to lead the J-Cats on this week's blog hops - the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the Wise and Beautiful Athena and her HuMum, Marie, and the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the Delightfully Unpredictable Kitties Blue and their HuMom, Janet.

Here I am, reclaiming My Domain, now that I am fully recovered from My Traumatic Ordeal.





Here is the artified version, using LunaPic's beautiful Splash filter, set at 35%:














And here are the blog hop badges:


           



In spite of the Tears, there are still some things to smile about. Tomorrow is Caspurr's Gotcha Day. He came to live with Mummy and Me nine years ago and I taught him effurrything a little kitty needs to know. Since then, he has got rather too Big for His Boots, but I still love him - I suppose (mol).
At any rate, We are going to have a Gotcha Day pawty for him up in the Enchanted Forest at 6 pm. tomorrow evening - and We hope you will all come and join in the celebration. We can also celebrate the arrival of Spring and the lovely, warm weather.

More smiles to come! This morning, Mummy's second great-nephew was born! New baby humans are almost as much fun as new kittens!

Oh - and let's not forget that this coming Friday night is the Seder Night, the start of Pessach (Pawssover), so We will wish you all Chag Sameach.

Before We go, last, but not least, make sure your Humans continue to take all necessary precautions against the Evil Mutant Ninja Coronavirus.

Be well. Be safe. We love you all.






15 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Trixie, we are sorry those teeth got taken from you, but it does sound like you fgeel much better now that they are not hurting you. We are so happy you are enjoying your new renal food, and hopeit helps stave off that kidney disease stuff. And FF for Shabbat? That sounds like pretty great. :)

Happy early birthday to Caspurr, and Chag Pesach Sameach! XO

meowmeowmans said...

Oh, and mazel tov to your mummy on her new great-nephew! :)

See you at the gotcha day celebration for Caspurr!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Sorry you had to go and have your teeth out but if you feel better it must have been worth it.

Love the art!

Kea said...

Trixie, we're sorry for your v-e-t ordeal. Derry can empthasize, having had so many extractions over the years. ♥

We're glad you're feeling better now, though, and that you like the new food. The biped has some fuzzy memory that stress can cause elevated glucose levels, so diabetes really might not be a concern, paws crossed.

Happy (almost) Gotcha Day to Caspurr, and congratulations on the arrival of the new human family member! :-)

Katie Isabella said...

Trixie, my Queen, I will be following in your paw prints this comeing THursday. I must go to the ebil v-e-t, be gven 2 doses of gabapentin, and then, take back to have an exam, bloods stolen and vaccinations. My teefies are still doing well and still pretty white after I had them cleaned same time I got my fang removed. Mom still hates they took away part of my beauty when I smile!!
I will be in the Echanted Forest on Caspurr's Gotcha day. I hipe I see you if you aren;t too busy with all the festivities. I hoped just to have some girl talk.
I will wish you three and your Mommy an early Chag Sameach. Think of the miracle involved with Passover.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

What an ordeal! We'll be purring for you. And Happy Gotcha Day to Caspurr tomorrow!

The J-Cats said...

Oh, yes, the v-e-t did tell Mummy that stress can cause elevated glucose levels. And so can the Evil Drug they gave me to make Me fall asleep. Now Mummy is trying to figure out how to get a urine sample without drugging me or causing further stress.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I was gonna mention the stress thing too, but I'm glad you like your new food and that your dental went off without a hitch. Terrific selfie and a Happy Gotcha Day to Caspurr!

catladymac said...

We are glad you are feeling better after your ordeal Trixie. We humans do not likle some of the things we put you kitties through. but we truly do it out of love and believing it is for your health.

pilch92 said...

Thank you for mentioning my Sammy. I miss him so much. I am sorry you had such a bad week. The Tooth Fairy mailed you a gift yesterday. I am glad you like the food, I wish I could get Emmy and Joanie to like it too. I agree you need a urine test because creatinine goes up when you have a kidney infection and glucose can go up when stressed at the vet. I will be praying for you. Happy Gotcha Day Caspurr!!! XO

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Awww Trixie, we're sorry mew had to go through that ordeal, but glad mew're feeling better!

The Island Cats said...

Trixie, I'm sorry you had to go to the vet and they stole some of your teeths. At least that's over now. I hope the new food helps you. Happy Gotcha Day to Caspurr! ~Ernie

da tabbies o trout towne said...

trixie ewe bee lookin MOST gorgeouz and we iz glad yur home N ewe LIKEZ yur new foodz....that kidnee stuff can bee a hit ora mizz and we iz buzzed happee for ewe itza HIT !! :) ♥♥♥

caspurr; a most happee gotcha day two ewe dood N heerz two 625 mor !! N joy yur day, eat sum donutz & friez; get inta trubullz and heerz two a yeer a head filled with happeez and healtheez :) ☺☺☺♥♥♥

Marvelous Marv said...

Oh Trixie! We are sad that you had to go to the stabby place and they stole some of your teeths! We too were sad to read about Sammy! We even got Mom to leave a comment on their blog and Happy Gttcha Day to Caspurr! We are sorry we missed the pawty at the Enchanted Forest. Chag Sameach! Mom misses living in the big city and celebrating with her furrend Jack. And now we shall sing Caspurr the song!
¸¸.•*♫♫♫ Happy Gottcha Day to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HappyGottcha Day to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Gottcha Day dearest Caspurr!!!!!! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Gottcha Day to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

BellaDharma an BellaSita Mum said...

Deerest Trixe that was SUM ore-deel you went thru! Yore so brave an feerless. Mee wuud faint away or bite BellaSIta fore sure.
Mee an shee are reeleeved yore teefie surgery went well an yore feelin MUCH bettur now. AN bow-nuss that you like yore mew foodabullss! An that iss guud you can still have Fancy Feest at Sabbath....
Sorry mee was so late to THE Forest. BellaSita Mum was havin a ruff day an mee had to settell her down beefore mee cuud tellyport over....
Wee sure did have a grate time at Capsurr'ss 9th Gotcha Day!
Yore Selfie iss dee-vine Trixie! You are so beeuteefull ;)
An wee two are furry sad 'bout Sammy cat..... <3
***nose rubss*** BellaDharma an ((hugss)) BellaSIta Mum