Friday, August 3, 2012

The Intruder

Greetings, Fellow Felines (and C-a-n-i-n-e-s amd Humans too)!

We had a nasty surprise the other evening.  My Human was reading in bed, quietly minding her own business, when I heard a slight click. Instantly on the alert, I bounded down from the bed and took up my position in the hall, before the front door. And then I saw it - a great, big, ugly, brown
c-o-c-k-r-o-a-c-h
scuttling out of the kitchen, across the hall and into the bedroom. Mummy looked up, saw it racing across the floor and started screaming. I know I should have deaded it, but, kitties - it was too quick for me. I'm not as young as I used to be and I can't run so fast now. However, My Human proved herself to be a Highly Efficient Assassin. That horrible Creepy Crawly ran under the bed - but then it turned and ran right out again and Mummy was ready and waiting for it with her shoe and she hit it and hit it, over and over again, till it was deaded and squashed into Mummy's nice, pink bedroom carpet. That was when She finally stopped screaming and said the "S" word (several times, in fact - MOL),  because it's not easy to clean bits of squashed roach out of a thick pile carpet!
That's the trouble with Humans - they have no patience. If Mummy had waited a minute, I would have arrived and pounced on it as it emerged from under the bed and I would have deaded it quickly and cleanly. As it was - Mummy had to get up and start trying to clean the carpet. And then she got out a big yellow spray can and sprayed evil-smelling gas all over the house, and that meant she had to move my food and water out of their usual place, so as not to poison me.  I hate it when things aren't where they're supposed to be!
So you see, Fellow Felines (et al.), it's been quite an exhausting week and I am very glad that it's Friday and tomorrow is Shabbat and Mummy will be home with me all day, and we can rest from our labours.





Shabbat Shalom to you all :-)

Possum the MagnifiCat.

6 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

EWWW! YUKKKK! AWFUL!!!!! My mom is just as horrified as your mom and EWWWWW! YUK!!!!!

You're right of course, you would have dedded it for her and all this other would have been un-necessary but humans are so impatient.

I don't think there will be a next time but just in case...you're on it, my brother!

xoxox

Jenna and Sissy said...

The human hates that spray stuff as much as she hates roaches. Your mommy may have been afraid you wouldn't get a second chance at that roach. Good thing she moved your food and water!

Mariodacat said...

M doesn't like them either. Fortunately, we don't have hardly any roaches in the frozen north. When my humans lived in Texas, they were all over the place. Spraying did no good, they just regained their strength and came out again. We never did find a solution to the problem, except when they packed up and came north again. Good luck - hope you find something that works.

GreatGranny said...

Just awful for you and Mommy. Mom hates bugs and spiders. We had a big spider come in and she set a wastebasket on it. That deded it.Mom is so scared and she hates stepping on theses messy things. Sweet Possum, you looks so handsome and precious.
Kassey

meowmeowmans said...

Ew, we don't like those roach things, either. Possum. Humans are so inefficient when it comes to deading them, but we are glad your Mommy got it.

Shabbat shalom, dear friends.

CATachresis said...

Double EWWWWW from us too! We used to have roach “motels” set up, but some of those little varmints were so big!! Well done Possum, I reckon your mom knew you were “on it”, but hey! She’s a girl!! lol